Friday, January 06, 2006

Murderer's Row

I did some research:

The Murderer's Row defensive lineup ('27 Yankees, winningest team of all time):
C - Pat Collins
1B - Lou Gehrig
2B - Tony Lazzeri
3B - Joe Dugan
SS - Mark Koenig
OF - Earle Combs
OF - Babe Ruth
OF - Bob Meusel

What did I learn? Those Yanks, while formidable and utterly dominant, had a few weak links. Collins and Dugan were .270 hitters with little extra-base pop.

Why does this matter?

I'm going to the LA blogger Murderer's Row homegame tonight, and I don't believe there's a Collins or Dugan in the bunch. I'm going to go play with Ruths and Gehrigs.

And I'm a bat boy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe Speaker said...

You will laugh, you will cry, you will say to yourself, at least once, "Why the hell did I get involved in this pot?"

Looking forward to it.

1/06/2006 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home