Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Satellite to a satellite

Today I made my first online attempt at getting to the WSOP main event. (A guy can dream, can't he?) I finished 29th out of 125 in a $5 UB rebuy. Top 5 got seats in the $300+20 WSOP satellite, and top 11 made the money. I busted out when a medium stack raised my BB, and I shoved with AQo. He probably was getting good enough odds to call with any two, and showed me JT-suited. He made two pair, I made TPTK. I go home now. Not a bad effort for $15, and probably worth a few shots in the future.

The play in the tourney was awful to mediocre, and was very reminiscent of the $10K guaranteed $5 rebuy MTT I played in a week ago.

Steals bad. Value bets good. Big hands paid.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brad aka The Kid said...

Keep on pluggin away. I'm going to be looking into playing a few of these as well. I have heard that there is some real sloppy play in these but at the same time those are the guys ya gotta look out for. Good luck.

11/24/2005 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home