Monday, October 24, 2005

Today's Trivia

When it's 8pm in Sydney Australia, it's 2am in California.

When all the money goes in on the turn, and you river a 6-outer in PL Omaha, cracking Albert's straight with a full house, it sends him on a good half-hour of tilt, even though you're playing for $10.

And it feels goooooood.

Oh yeah, and I finished 2nd out of 11 in tonight's Tustin tourney. I started heads-up play against a bad, tired player who had 80% of the chips. I chipped up, then doubled up to 21K of the 65K in chips, then screwed up two consecutive hands to lose the battle. I folded the best hand, when the flush scare card hit the river and he bet it all-in (just like he did earlier in the tourney, when he had the flush), and the called an all-in on a non-threatening flop with pocket 3's to see his pocket 10's. Bad fold, bad call, game over.

Mixed game afterwards... we taught Bulletproof Kevin how to play Omaha, O/8, and 2-7 triple draw. Good times.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

Hey Stabby, send me an email ASAP at brodybanky AT aol DOT COM. I need your info for the HUC2. Once I get your email, I'll set you up with your competition. Thanks.

Jordan

10/24/2005 12:42 PM  
Blogger thebabykicker said...

Hey, you get comment spam, too. That sucks. I just erased one comment from some asshat who thought my readers would be interested in landscaping.

10/24/2005 2:07 PM  
Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Congrats on your victory this morning. It was a good show!

10/25/2005 1:47 AM  
Blogger WillWonka said...

My only hints for SirF is that he will raise a lot early to test you. You might try coming over the top of him early to calm him down a bit.
But what do I know.. I lost in 2 straight. Good luck to you.

10/26/2005 5:24 AM  
Blogger High Plains Drifter said...

Thanks Will. I expect that most heads-up matches with SirF are decided before hand #100.

10/26/2005 7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home