Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Miscellaneous Update

I'm really digging the new bartender gig. I get the slow shifts (Sat, Sun, sometimes Mon lunches), with the upside that while it's slow, there's football on the tube. Being paid minimum wage to watch TV and pour the occasional sprite works for me.

I'm finally in soccer shape. Playing on Sunday mornings and Tuesday nights means that each post-soccer days hurt a lot less than just playing once a week, and sporadically at that. It hasn't escaped my teammates' notice that I've been uncharacteristically strong offensively lately. A scorching left-footed shot equalized with a minute left in a tough match on Tuesday night, and I followed that up with the go-ahead assist with five minutes remaining on the following Sunday morning. For somebody that grew up playing defense forever, it felt really goooooood.

I dropped a buy-in on Thursday night at the cashgame when I flopped Broadway, and got all-in against TightGuy Adam, who rivered a royal flush on me. Hell, if I gotta lose a big hand, it might as well be to a royal. :)

And I won again on Sunday night, my second consecutive Tustin tourney, busting 5 of my 6 opponents along the way. I was alternately dumb, lucky, crafty, and smart. But mostly dumb and lucky.

This evening, I'm heading to Dana Point again, with regular Tustin-gamer Albert in tow, to partake in the $20 holdem freezeout and $20 limit HORSE tourney.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home