Saturday, December 17, 2005

Everybody else rules

All the Vegas reports are outstanding. Great reads and pics all over the place! The cab ride, the Roshambo'ing, the tales of drunkeness.... all good. Oh, and the poker too. Yeah, I'm a little jealous.

~~

I've been playing more cheapy MTT's lately, and I've been in the money more often than not. Unfortunately, I'm busting out just inside the money, a loooong way from any final tables. My most recent "success" was a big score of $2 on bodog in their $1K guaranteed freeroll. Free to enter, and I got paid in real money. The concept of "something for nothing" is more appealing to me than it should be.

~~

A few of the regulars at my home poker game are abuzz over the ranking systems we've been trying out. We had a few people propose them, and ran with four slightly different ones, all on a ten-week trial. The tenth tourney is this Sunday, and we're doing it Double Stakes. Albert is the top dog in all of the rankings, except the one he proposed. I'm first in that one. Bragging rights is all that's at stakes here, but apparently we like to brag.

4 Comments:

Blogger Joe Speaker said...

There's only one cure for WPBT Envy. Attending.

Shoot me an e-mail (if you still have it). You gotta experience the Friday Night game (aka Murderer's Row) in West LA. I know it's a haul (boy, do I know), but it's a mini-WPBT. Minus strippers.

12/17/2005 11:56 PM  
Blogger Joe Speaker said...

PS I like parenthetical phrases.

12/17/2005 11:57 PM  
Blogger High Plains Drifter said...

Joe Speaker can read minds. For the past few weeks, I've been thinking, "man, I don't have to go all the way to Vegas to meet a lot of the bloggers... just Westwood."

No wonder he's so good at poker.

12/18/2005 12:00 AM  
Blogger High Plains Drifter said...

I think The Man would have to delete my blog if I dare to attend a Murderer's Row game and *not* blog about it.

But I can't help think, "What could I possibly write about these people that they haven't written about each other already?"

Perhaps I am here to provide the bad/basic/low-limit player's perspective to their badassitude.

12/21/2005 10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home