Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Follow the money

I played in the $5 rebuy $10K guaranteed on UB last night. Unlike most rebuys, my table was very tight - we had maybe half a dozen rebuys in the allowed hour. Really. And one guy was ticked off at this. He was watching a buddy of his playing at easily the loosest table in the tourney. Almost every hand had more than 2 all-ins preflop. Sometimes five players, all-in before the flop, with such confrontations as A3-hearts vs 33 vs K7o vs QJo.

The all-in-leader was ChiliKing. I'm pretty sure he was into the tourney for $100, five at a time. He was probably going to have to finish 9th to break even.

By the end of the rebuy phase, that table had five of the top 12 players on the chipleader toteboard. Half the table. ChiliKing was sitting on a decent stack of 9K after the add-on. The top 5/12 had 17K+.

Just like last time, I could get any momentum going, and ended the rebuy phase with 4K, after the addon. At least I was only into the tourney for $15.50... well, $10.50 plus some points.

Just for kicks, I reviewed the standing of that table (top 80 paid). The shorties finished between 443rd and 482nd. The chipleaders finished 474th, 279th, 214th, 119th, and 10th (for just over $100).

I was also keeping an eye on Poker Ho, who is often found playing big money tourneys. He was 3rd overall at the end of the rebuy phase. He ended up 117th.

I ran into a few strong hands about a half hour before the bubble, and got busted in 133rd.

And ChiliKing finished in 6th, more than tripling his money. I think I may have found a new UB tourney whiz to watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home