Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The Best Laydown We've Never Seen

The ranking season is over, and both Albert and Russ passed me. Bragging rights for them (and we like to brag!). I was getting very low, and pushed in the CO with A9o. Shawn found a suited Big Slick in his BB, and I was out in 9th. I realized that Slick has been present the last three times I've busted out of the Tustin game. I ran into it twice, and shoved it into pocket kings.

Russ won the Double Stakes tourney, with some absolutely amazing cards. He started at a soft table, and was dealt big cards. In one rotation, he was dealt pocket kings and aces twice each. During the evening, he admitted to having aces an amazing seven times.

The big hand he folded may have been the most important though.

Ten handed, Chill raised UTG, and Russ reraised substantially from the SB. Chill immediately shoved the rest of his chips into the pot. It was a huge reraise. Everything about Chill's body language screamed "big hand". I thought for sure Russ would call and we'd see the two chipleaders fight it out with big pocket pairs.

Russ agonized. And finally, after counting it out, finding out Chill had him covered by just a few chips, he folded. Pocket kings, he claimed later.

I believe him. And I also believe that Chill had aces. I'll never know for sure.

So the deck hit Russ upside the head the entire night, but it was the big fold he made that may have made all the difference.

If that's what actually happened, Russ deserves the Number One Spot.

Respect.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

By placing 3rd or 4th in the HUC2, you won $25. Send me an email (brodybanky@aol.com) so I can transfer the money to your UB account. I need your first name and your screen name. Thanks.

12/29/2005 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home