Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I Heart Full Tilt

I started with $50 yesterday on Full Tilt, and I think I'm gonna like it here. I haven't sat down in a NL holdem cashgame yet, but the games I have tried, I've loved so far.

Starting out at UltimateBet, my bread 'n butter was the $5 sng. My bankroll is tiny, but the fives were a fairly sure way of building it. So it appears on FT, and the players make more mistakes more often than I see at the fives on UB. Raises are usually of the min-or-all-in variety, which is nice when you're trying to flop a set with a small pocket pair.

Early on, it seems pretty useless to bother trapping. Bet for value - somebody's going to pay you. Nearing the bubble, everybody tightens up, so it's stealin' time. It's especially nice if you're a middle stack and there are two shortstacks almost even. They eye each other, urging the other to bust out first, while you stack their blinds. It doesn't seem like anybody's read Harrington.

I also sat at a low level Omaha/8 limit game, and it was pretty apparent who knew which hands were playable in certain situations. I remember it being a bad idea to play QJTT singlesuited when it's capped preflop.

~~

End of the day Tues: I'm at $80, which I figure affords me a buy-in to this special event (tourney #2482794) if I'm home on Friday. Goooooo HORSE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home