Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I'm not sure if I've ever played a WWdN

I have nothing but love for the bloggers that can beat other bloggers in an MTT. I'm not that guy. Blogger MTT's are decidedly -EV for me.

So I'm having a weak moment when Poison shows up and urges me to play in the Wil Wheaton dot Net tourney on Stars. I think the entry was 5% of my bankroll. I log in, and have Wil and several other bloggers at my table. I'm scared. I play tight, and wait for hands.

I busted Hoyazo. This will be the highlight of my week.

I end up 21st out of 52. I was high, drinking beer from the time I got home at 4pm pacific.. Poison was slack, going from chiplead to moderate bitch. Not because I consider Poison a bitch, but because the guy I've got to take over for her is an insane MTT player when he's got a big chiplead. In this case, he was 23rd with 26 remaining. He stuck around, then busted in 21st.

Neither one of us busted in the money. Top 9 paid.


2 Comments:

Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Way to eliminate me from the WWdN man. I didn't realize you were the High Plains Drifter when we were playing the other day though. Sorry I made it so easy to get rid of me that night, I guess I was just distracted or something. But glad at least that I just got plain beat instead of losing on a sick suckout on the river or something like what often happens on pokerstars.

Look forward to playing many blogger tournaments with you in the future.

And btw, my preferred "default" limits in the games I play were very similar to yours, just maybe 6 months ago or so. Give it some time, keep practicing, reading poker books and just generally doing whatever you can to get better, and your limits can move up pretty fast.

9/06/2006 12:38 PM  
Blogger High Plains Drifter said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

9/06/2006 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home