Monday, August 28, 2006

A New Year's Resolution on Labor Day

I had a talk with the guy I consider my Poker Mentor. As an aside, my mentor is 18 years old, and is a much better poker player than money manager.

"theres a difference between playing right, and playing great"
"and you arent playing great yet"
"you need stones"
"youve got the bankroll and the money management"
"you need to put yourself in a situation where you are scared"
"otherwise you wont be playing your best game"

I've also heard that writing down your goals is a much better way to achieve.

So here we are.

And rather than have me spout reasons about why I'm at where I'm at, it's time to take my shot.

Overall, I'm a slightly profitable poker player, over the course of my career, online and live. Currently, I feel comfortable in the $5/10/26 MTT's. I feel comfortable at $.25/.50 NL. And $1/2 limit holdem. And $5 sng's, HORSE and NL holdem being my favorites. I will play higher, but these are my default settings, if you will.

I do not, and have never had, a grand on any one poker site. I have never won a non-freeroll 100+ person MTT. I've final-tabled HORSE, PLO8, limit and NL holdem though.

~~

My to-do list:

$5/10 limit, on Titan
$1/2 NL, where ever my bankroll is biggest
$30 sng's, on a regular basis
Final table a $26 MTT
Win a $5 or $10 MTT
Play in Event #27 in the '07 WSOP.

I feel I'm on the cusp of doing something great, or ...

(maybe this blog will get a little more interesting in the months to come)

1 Comments:

Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

I agree with your mentor. You are too good for the levels you are playing. I have played the 30 SNGs on party with lots of success. In fact whenever I talk to Doubleas about a way to build my roll, he recommends SNGs as a great way to do it. I find the 5 SNGs to be much more difficult. People are willing to gamble so much more. Your tight style is perfect for the 20-30 SNG range on party.

Best of luck to ya!

9/01/2006 7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home