Saturday, August 05, 2006

Larry Flynt's Donkey Hunt



Joe Speaker has the write-up. I have just a little bit to add.

He's right. I probably am the tightest player in OC. I figured with the one blind, tight was right. After all, if I only have to pay $4 per rotation, instead of $6, I should play a little tighter than normal. And normal for me varies from moderately tight to squeaky-tight.

So folded, and called a few times preflop. My first raise was with the suited hammer, 72 diamonds. The flop was nice enough, 532 with two hearts. After a few checks, I bet out, then thanked Emily (Glyphic's SO) for raising. I figure I should pretend to have aces here, and I appreciated the protection. Glyphic was having none of it, and called two bets cold anyway. I was a bit scared.

I felt better when the offsuit 7 hit. Two pair, with the hammer? Pretty sweet. I bet into Emily, and again she raised me. Again Glyphic called two bets cold, so now I was officially scared. *call* The river was an offsuit six, and we checked around. Perhaps Glyphic was trapping the obvious newbie donk (me), with his backdoored straight. He had T4-hearts, and Emily had flopped a set of 5's. I was behind the whole way, but at least saved a bet on the river.

The next hand I raised was the AK-diamonds hand. It was capped either 3- or 4-way preflop. The flop was K-T-T. Emily bet out.

What do I know about Emily? She's Glyphic's pupil, and I've seen her be very aggressive, even more than her cards dictate. I've also seen her not fold when it was very likely she was beaten. She can definitely bet out with a hand I can beat here.

I raise.

Uber-Tilt three-bets. Oh boy, I'm beat.

Emily calls, and I'm getting roughly 18-1 odds to improve my hand. I call.

The turn is another K. Board reads T-T-K, K. Emily bets again. I mentally slap myself for chopping the pot with Emily. Surely, she's got a king too, and my kicker doesn't matter now.

I raise. Uber-tilt calls. Whaaaa? And Emily does too. Seriously, who has the other king here?

The river is the case king. OMG. Apparently, *I* have the other king here. I've probably cracked Emily's aces on the turn. More interestingly, do we have a jackpot here? If Uber-Tilt has quad tens, we do. Daaaaamn.

Emily bets, I raise (because I can't just call with quads, for cryin out loud), and they both call. Emily has JJ (not playing the board!), and I see a ten in Uber-tilt's hand!

And a facecard.

Crap. No jackpot. JTo for Uber-tilt, and I scoop a monstah.

~~~

My favorite hand (pictured second, because I can't get blogger to do what I want it to.) This is the Tilt Hand.

If you'll notice the board, it's got two diamonds, and it would make a black, offsuit QT the current nuts. At this point, there's some raising going on. Uber-Tilt has the QT, and Speaker has the nut flush draw. Diamond, diamond on the turn and river, and UT still asks Speaker if he has a flush. I'm an idiot, but I'd know my straight was no good by that point. UT calls, UT fumes. GG, sanity.

~~

And here's Indian Poker. (or, if blogger still isn't cooperating, it's the 1st pic in the post).

Alan has folded and looks amused. Geek had the same hand I did, 98 offsuit. F-Train is a true pimp poker bully. Yes, that is a deuce he's showing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Thanks for the pics. That was a great night!

8/22/2006 12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home