Sunday, June 25, 2006

Off to Vegas, chasing a dream

Tonight, we leave for Vegas. Yes, it's way too early for the Blogger trip, but we've got our own plans. Michelle is in my car. The other car has a Gomez, a Sanchez, a short superaggressive Jewish guy, and a former Mormon who often plays at the $3/6 razz tables on Full Tilt. Long-time homegame regular Albert is already out there.

Michelle wants a vacation, and a visit with her friend, who just had a baby.

The rest of us are here for the poker. Specifically, Event #2 of the WSOP. Albert will be buying his way in directly, and the rest of us are hoping to win our ways in with single table satellites.

We'll arrive tonight, enjoy some satellite goodness on Monday, and hopefully have our seats in Event #2 come Tuesday. It's a 3-day tourney, and being optimistic, we've elected to checkout on Friday morning. My bartending shifts are on weekends, so I won't miss any of those. This trips works nicely around the shifts I want to keep. That fact, unfortunately, is why I won't be attending the Blogger Thing later this summer. It's very expensive for me to go to Vegas on a weekend, when I factor in the money I'm missing by not working. And I'm not a good enough poker player (yet?) to use my bankroll, or a big MTT win, to finance it.

I've promised myself (and Skipper) that I'll play some $4/8 limit in Vegas, and I might give a Second Chance tourney a shot. Michelle's bringing her laptop, so I won't be 'netless.

Hopefully I'll have a happy blog post per day.

And I shall sleep tonight, dreaming of Tiffany Williamson-type luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home