Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Three Experiments

In with the "new"... My new online experiment is limit holdem. I'm still working on things, logging some time at $1/2 6max on Full Tilt. In five sessions of about an hour each, I've padded my bankroll on FT by about a Benjamin. The highlight was today when I took down a $29 pot, checkraising two players on the river with the nut boat on a four-diamond board. Check, bet, call, checkraise, fold, call... Ahhhhh.

I know all my limit sessions won't go this nicely, but the money/time ratio definitely merits my continued focus. I'm going to set aside some time for an hour of limit holdem. Some days I don't play online at all, but when I do, I should belly up to a $1/2 (or $2/4 if I keep it up) limit table.

~~~

Coming soon!

I've heard good things about the Omaha/8 games at Hawaiian Gardens, so I'm thinking I'm going to give those a go soon. And hell, it's about time I bought a book about O/8. AlCantHang has suggested Ray Zee's book, and I've got a Barnes & Noble giftcard burning a hole in my pocket.

~~~

The "old" experiment. Back in the day, I used to get plenty of exercise 2-3 times a week. I played soccer on Tuesday nights and Sunday mornings, and usually hit the gym twice a week, often riding my bike there. That hasn't happened in a while. Tuesdays can get rained out, Sundays are tough to make now because I've got to open the restaurant.

So my experiment is to get at least 30 minutes of cardio a day for a month, which started with soccer on Tuesday. One win, one goal, one assist... felt nice. Today was a trip to the exercise room in my apartment complex, for a little jogging while I watched the Lakers-Suns playoff game. More interestingly, I met a new neighbor, a cute red-head. Well, not interesting to me, really.. I'm happy with my girlfriend. But I told my roommate, who is single and had previously groused about there not being any hotties in our apartment complex.

And I think I labelled this the "old" experiment because, while I don't feel it (yet), I am 30 now. I figure some pre-emptive exercise will do me some good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home