Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Grr

I decided it was time to jump back into the $17K Guaranteed on Full Tilt. My first attempt was atrocious - so bad, in fact, that I've put it out of my mind. I honestly can't remember why it was awful, but I know it was.

This attempt was better, even though I left with a whimper. I was card dead early, and the nice cards I had were connected to horrible flops. My ray of hope was the maniac three seats on my right. He was putting in overly large preflop raises every third or fourth hand. I resolved to double up through him, but he distinctly gave off the "I don't care if I'm dominated" vibe when he called a huge all-in with KJo. His cards were live (AQ) and his flopped jack held.

Sure enough, he made another late position preflop raise, and I came over the top with ATo. Naturally, this time he's got a hand, AQs. IGHM.

~~~

The good news for the day is that I requested off June 26-30. I'll be heading to Vegas for some satellites to Event #2 of the WSOP, and probably some cashgame fun. The guys in my homegame have Event #2 and #27 in their sights, so some of them might come with me.

Should be interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home