Saturday, June 03, 2006

Too tasty to pass up

I couldn't resist, even though I have more experience at LO8 than PLO8... Full Tilt's got a $5 Double Stack PL Omaha/8 tourney starting in 14 minutes. Might as well blog as I go.

7:17pm: Andy Bloch has been a busy guy today, and he's signed up for this tourney. There's a lot of "red" tourneys, and most of them are him. He's exited very early in many of them, so I'd wager he's a "gamble early, gamble often" kinda guy at these low stakes. And I wonder why he's in a $5 tourney, when the $200's are chump change to him.

7:19: Albert, from my homegame, is in too. Like me, he's a moderately bad Omaha/8 player. I tend to stay away from the bad river calls he occasionally makes.

7:26: Duggle and Yosoy are also playing. We're all in chat. Duggle's our resident expert. The over/under on dumb questions I ask him in the course of the tourney is set at 5.5.

7:30: 296 to start, $1480 in the prize pool, 27 paid.

7:35 Al got moved to a table with a 12K stack and a 10K stack. We started with 3K. Eep!

7:39: 20 people out already.

7:41: I've gotten two playable hands, and chopped both. 2900 in chips.

7:49: Cheap flop, doesn't fit my hand, fold to a half-pot flop bet. Rinse, repeat. 2700 in chips.

7:53: Al gets quartered pushing the nut low (little chance for high).. He's looking at 1600 chips.

7:58: Yosoy ousted when three callers to her turn all-in all improve with the river card. Ouch. She's gone in 225th.

8:00: I just got owned, but kept a pittance in chips (500) when the river low diamond scared us both. He had flopped trip Q's, and I thought I liked my trip J's on the turn.

8:05: I just figured out that Duggle got moved to Al's table. Al's royal draw didn't hit. He still has more chips than I do.

8:11: Folded a straight draw with a flush draw on board. Flush would've given me my straight. I didn't chase. And I bet he had it.

8:13: Almost a doubleup! I decide to donk around a call a minbet on the flop with AT86, suited to the ace. I hit the gutshot straight to the ten, and the flush draw didn't get there. Two people with me to the river means I'm up to 850. I believe this will be the highlight of my tournament.

8:20: Donkey Doubleup! After a few limpers in my BB, the SB raised, so I went all-in for my 840. Two callers, and my trashy AT87ss tripled me up. No low, and my T7 boat was goot!

8:28: Al still hanging around, with 850.

8:33: Break time for PLO8. Our attention shifts to Yosoy, who just went on a big run in her 200K satellite, and is top 5 with 24 left, 9 seats to the $200K tourney paid out.

8:46: Al's out of PLO8, Duggle staying strong at the tourney chipleader's table, and Yosoy's on break. I still have an underpar, but playable, stack of chips with 3300, blinds at 60/120.

8:59: I'm short, so I potted it preflop with A39Qss. It put me out in 113th. TT4 flop, I had gotten one caller, and he checked it to me. I jammed almost potsized, and he called me with AK43. WHAAA?

Oh well, perhaps it's time to play some live poker.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Thanks for the invite! I had fun.. and it was sweet having you rail on the Satellite!!

6/04/2006 1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home