Thursday, February 23, 2006

Tilt rules

I hit up two 18-person $5 sng's today, finishing 3rd and 1st. My traps worked, my medium-strength hands (and reads) caught bluffs. Things just fell into place. I really like the payout structure in those - top 4 get paid. Third place for those is $18, and first place for the $5 single table sng's is $22.50. It feels easier to me to get thirds in the two-tables than win the singles.

I decided to plunk a fourth of my FT bankroll at a $1/$2 razz table. $50 in, $47 out after ninety minutes. I quickly identified a maniac and two horribly obvious calling stations. It was quite an experience. I realized fairly soon that ramming and jamming on 3rd and 4th does not get your opponents to fold. Unfortunately, after building the pot with sexy starting cards, multiple bricks and pairs followed. In the span of 10 minutes, I folded big multi-way pots when I started with (A3)2 and two seperate (26)3's. It's safe to say I would've had a session in the black hand any of those hands held up.

I'm really loving Full Tilt, and it feels nice to be over $200 now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Human Head said...

I totally agree with your sentiments about the 2-tables. They are the exact thing that helped build my roll in the beginning and this post reminded me that I should get back to them, so thanks for that :)

2/23/2006 5:39 AM  
Blogger High Plains Drifter said...

Thanks for stopping by, Head. :)

2/23/2006 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home