Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Full Tilt loves me, Bodog hates me

I haven't played too much in the last week or so, but I've played enough to start to love Full Tilt. I scored a final table appearance in my first ever PL Omaha/8 tourney, turning my $5 entry into $59. I feel good about fifth out of 150+, as I'm fairly inexperienced at PLO8. It's a fun game when things go your way. The $59 is nice when your FT bankroll was a pip over one hundred at the start of the tourney.

I also donked around in a Jersey Days freeroll, winning my way into the Feb 11 Jersey Days tourney. Top 9 from that event score a personalized FT jersey and an LA Kings prize package. 1000 entered in the freeroll, I finished 2nd. Top 3 moved on, so that was nice.

Oh, and I think FT's $5 HORSE sng's are sweet. I loves me some Full Tilt right about now. My second HORSE sng found Mourn on my left. I wasn't sure it was him until I asked. I played like a fool in the sng, he monied despite losing a few hands early.

Bodog gave me $40 (to go with the $2 and change I scored from freerolls there) when my roommate used me as a referral. I promptly lost two $5 sng's, with QQ being my downfall each time, both within the first 2 blind levels. The first time, I had two black queens, raised in MP, got repopped the minimum by the SB, and an EP limper (whose play had labeled him a dunce) called. I had the SB covered, but rather than jam, I decided to see a flop. All clubs, jack high.

SB jams, EP tard calls. There's a lot of action in front of me, but I have a sneaking suspicion my hand is good here, so I jam. EP tard calls, and show JT-diamonds. SB has kings, but they're red. So I need a Q or a club to scoop. No such luck, but the sidepot keeps me alive. Until I got blinded down, jammed with A8s, and the KJo caller flopped two pair.

Next sng, I get QQ in MP, raise it up, and get 27 callers. Or 5. Either way, it felt like way too many people saw the flop. No ace or king though: 7-5-3, two spades. I have the queen of spades, and bet out when it's checked to me. Two callers, turn is an offsuit 9. I get checkraised for a tiny amount, and one of the blinds has 53o. No help on the river, and IGHN. Oh well.

Update: Bodog sng #3 lasted one hand. I raised with black aces on the very first hand, got one preflop caller. He flopped a hidden set of sevens, and I'm not good enough to fold aces to a checkraise on the turn against the supposedly bad players in a $5 sng.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home