Sunday, March 13, 2005

Me at the Season 3 PCS Championship Tourney



This is my first attempt at posting pics with picasa. I thought I'd show the coolest ugly shirt I own. I thought its ugliness might throw off my opponents. Not so much. I finished 12th, despite starting with the 5th-most chips. My ranking will probably be Top 10 for the Season 4 finale (currently trailing only John and Moss at the halfway mark), and my play should be better.

A brief explanation of the PCS: A season is 10 tournaments long. In each of the regular season tourneys, 10% of the prize pool is taken out and put into the Championship prize pool. You have to attend at least 5 of the 10 tourneys to qualify for the Championship. You are ranked based on your finishes during the regular season. (Your finish) / (Total # of players in that tourney) x 10 = ranking. 5.5 is average, and low numbers are best. Your average ranking is compared to every other qualifier. The top ranked player starts the Championship with $100; the bottom ranked player starts with $30. Everyone in between gets a step down in starting chips from second place on down. Blinds start at $.25/$.50, and the tourney is a freezeout with a $30 buy-in for the eligible participants.

1 Comments:

Blogger Derek McG said...

Nice shirt!

3/13/2005 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home