Monday, February 28, 2005

Plugging a Leak - Heads Up Play

I'm putting this up near the top of my poker "To Tweek" list. I'm not sure how disappointed I should be in my heads-up play, or what the acceptable ratio of second-to-first place finishes is. I think mine is about 75% second / 25% first, and I'd like to move in the direction of more wins (duuuh). One hypothesis/excuse I have is that my tight play doesn't loosen up enough (and get more aggressive) as it gets shorthanded, so I go into the heads-up battle severely outchipped too often. And I'm not strong enough to consistently overcome >2:1 disadvantages.

Several other bloggers have pointed out the cool guys over at Ship It Poker, and I ran across this. How timely. Recently, I've worked on getting looser/more aggressive at the right times, and it's improved my game so far. Those articles will help me think about my own game, and give me some strategic insights to combat others.

[Cartman voice] Sweeeeet. [/Cartman]

Tuesday edit: Paul Phillips also has a blog entry where his readers discuss heads-up strategy. I have much to learn.

1 Comments:

Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/04/2005 4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home