Monday, January 24, 2005

What was I saying about being a good folder?

Here's an interesting log of a $.10/.25 NL hand. Yesterday, I folded my two pair with 4-to-an-ace-high-straight on the board. Then, I was up against two opponents, so there was a much better chance that somebody had the straight.

Hand #4130785-345 at Ames (No Limit Hold'em)
Powered by UltimateBetStarted at 24/Jan/05 20:16:33
badboy is at seat 0 with $59.40.
nate is at seat 1 with $10.15.
Gus is at seat 2 with $13.25.
Kelly is at seat 3 with $9.75.
HPDrifter is at seat 4 with $27.85.
neon is at seat 5 with $25.65.
Elaine is at seat 6 with $6.70.
booger is at seat 7 with $10.
tdjesus is at seat 8 with $7.95.
jpmorgan is at seat 9 with $11.50.
The button is at seat 5.
Elaine posts the small blind of $.10.
booger posts the big blind of $.25.

HPDrifter: Jc Ah

Pre-flop: tdjesus folds. jpmorgan folds. badboy folds. nate calls. Gus folds. Kelly folds. HPDrifter raises to $.75. neon folds. Elaine folds. booger folds. nate calls.

Flop (board: 4c Kh As): nate checks. HPDrifter checks. Decided to get cute here. I wanted him to bet his K-something, or catch up a little and bet.

Turn (board: 4c Kh As Jd): nate bets $1.50. HPDrifter raises to $4.50. nate calls. Ok, I improved, but there are more draws out there. He likes his hand just enough to bet into me, then call my raise, but not reraise.

River (board: 4c Kh As Jd Ts): nate goes all-in for $4.90. HPDrifter calls. Scare card. Great. At this point, I gave serious thought to folding. Something made me think he had to have something already to call my 3x raise on the turn. KT, KJ, JT come to mind. It's a $10 pot, so I reluctantly call. Cmon, no queeeeeen....

Showdown: nate shows 5h Ad. Woo, no queen!

nate has Ad Kh As Jd Ts: a pair of aces.

HPDrifter shows Jc Ah.
HPDrifter has Jc Ah Kh As Jd: two pair, aces and jacks.

Hand #4130785-345 Summary: $1 is raked from a pot of $20.65.
HPDrifter wins $19.65 with two pair, aces and jacks.

It feels good to be lucky. Or good. Or both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home