Saturday, January 22, 2005

Quick Update

On the poker front...

On Tuesday night, I played a $5 buy-in semi-tourney at my brother's place in
Mammoth. 4-handed, one rebuy, blinds didn't move until it was down to me and semi-drunk/stoned Tyler. Now I can say I won a poker tourney at an elevation above 7000 ft. Those guys weren't good - they need to raise more often preflop. I think my brother Vinnie raised a few times with middle pocket pairs, but wouldn't raise on the button with AQo. Final hand - ATs vs 62o. Tyler must have been tired.

I'm pleased and excited about my
PCS standing (unlike Dallion, who dropped from top 3 to #10 in the last few weeks). I finished 4th out of 17 tonight, moving my PCS ranking from 4.86 to 4.44. Had I sat out the last tourney, like the top 3 did, I would've been passed by Rick and John. Instead of starting tied for 8th, I have 5th place all to myself. With the blinds starting at 25/50, I'll have 8125 in chips. And no rebuys for the loose chasers. I'm really pumped for the tourney next week - top 4 get paid, with $500+ going to first. Final hand of tourney #10 - my 99 vs AQo. Rivered an ace, or I would've had the chip lead. That's right, me, with the chip lead, into the money. Makes my pants snug just thinking about it.

And I return home to a message on my machine. It's Colin, telling me about his poker night, and promising me an invite to his friends' game the next time. I sure hope so. Colin does very well at his game, but not so well at mine, which leads me to believe he plays very soft competition.

In the words of the
Notorious BIG - Gimme da loot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home