Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Bah Humbug

Once again, it's the holidays, and I'm cranky. I've known for weeks now that I'm going to be working on Christmas Eve. Business has been either insanely busy, or ghost-town dead. It would appear that our patrons are spending plenty on Christmas presents. And that there's no money leftover for tipping. Plenty of 12% and lower tips.

It couldn't be because everybody there doesn't want to be there. Or that everybody's swamped. Nah. Impossible.

The present I really want will probably show up the first week of January. My trip to the DMV on 12/10 went smoothly. My license should arrive from Sacramentucky pretty soon.

On the upside, the poker is going well. Two money finishes in the PCS, and a bubble-third in Buena Park. Another PCS tourney on Thursday, this time with Kida. I'm curious to see how his style fits the PCS. The PCS players bluff quite a bit, and Kida calls on hunches with very marginal hands.

I treated myself to some KEM cards at the last tourney. Now, my plan is to get a 1/8 inch pad and a huge square of felt for my poker table.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home