Saturday, January 01, 2005

Sorry, Paul

Poor Paul. On Thursday, he flops an ace-high straight with two clubs on board, so he goes all-in for about a pot-sized bet. Problem was, the turn gave Forty-Ounce Dave a king-high straight flush. He had another second-best hand that he couldn't get away from, later in the evening. It was rough.

First session at UB was a losing one. $25 in, $22.50 out, playing $.25/$.50 limit holdem. I learned to pay attention to how good/bad my opposition is. They were horrible at the start, then got good as the dummies left and the smarties filled in the table.

I've done a couple of low buy-in Holdem and Omaha tourneys. Omaha was fun, and I got jacked in 47th place (top 30 paid) when somebody with just ace-high raised me into playing my excellent drawing hand for all my chips and nothing came.

Start of year update: $300.91 real, $338.22 bonus, 2009.35 points.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home