Monday, January 24, 2005

Another great session

Back to the $.10/.25 NL tables. I'm coming to the conclusion that the best part of my poker game is my ability to fold. Simply put, I pay out winners, holding second-best cards, less than the average Joe. I need to remember that.

In this session, I folded two pair with the board reading AKJT7, no flush. And a better fold, calling a preflop raise in late position with AQo - flop comes AJ4, two diamonds. I bet at the pot, got raised by the preflop raiser, who showed AJ when I folded. I figured the likelihood of him having AK or AJ was greater than him having a hand I was beating at the time.

A flopped set of 4's turned into a boat on the river, while giving some poor guy the nut flush. I love that, probably because it seems like I've left too many tourneys when some joker rivers a flush, destroying my set/overpair.

My lucky hand of the session was raising in middle position with two black queens, and having a flop of baby clubs. I bet about 70% of the pot, which put my only caller all-in. He flipped KsJc. Turn was a K.. but it was the K of clubs, giving me the nicer flush by one tiny little rank.

NL holdem, $25 in, $41.65 out. +33BB.

Then I decided to pony up $5+.50 for a $3K guaranteed tourney. I love those tourneys, but at this point they seem to be -EV for me. Maybe a little practice and some more luck would get me into the money more often...

I was rolling along with a medium stack when I called a raise with AsKd. Flop is AQ7, all diamonds. I figure I'm in pretty solid shape at this point. Raiser bets, I call, everyone else gets out of the way. Turn is another A. Double sweet. Trip aces, and still the nut flush draw. River is a brick, and I play for the rest of my stack... to see that evil bastard show me AQ.

NL tourney, $5.50 in, $0 out. 200th/572.

So I figured I'd round out my day with some pot-limit Omaha. $2 buy-in max, $.01/.02 blinds. I played for one hour and ran my $2 up to $9.75 before I quit. It seemed like I could do no wrong (though I did call somebody down all the way, holding QJ75 on a board of Q56Jx. I thought the most likely had he had was 66xx, and that's what he won with.)

My huge win was flopping middle set into a flop of Kd8c5c. Plenty of people in the hand, and I had observed that my opponents were betting like their chips were on fire, so I sacked up and went along. The turn was a blank, and the river was the Kc, making somebody a flush. The last guy in the hand had trip kings, and he paid me off too.

PL Omaha, $2 in, $9.75 out.

UB Update: $330.57 real, $308.04 bonus, 3169.40 pts.

1 Comments:

Blogger Human Head said...

Nice dude, nice.

1/24/2005 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home