Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Much Like Ice Cube..

I gotta say it was a good day. Didn't even hafta use my AK.

Ok, enough gangsta slang. I'm not from the streets. I'm as white and suburban as they get. But I do love a good rhyme. Anyhow...

Slept in, had an easy day at work.

Got home, played the 4pm $5 MTT ($3K guaranteed) on UB. Four hours plus later, I finished 12th out of 579, clocking a sweet $21. Ok, screw that. I wanted to hit the final table. Especially top 6, guaranteed at least $60. Instead, I busted out like a chump in 12th with K9 suited in my big blind. I thought the bigstacked small blind was trying to rob me. He had A5 offsuit, and it held up. A king, a nine or a club on the turn or river... Nope.

Soccer rocked. Ok, not the first half. We had a 13 players for a 7-a-side league, but we still didn't defend much in the first half. Down 3-1 at the half, we actually played solid man-on-man defense for the whole second half, and had our forward Steve drop goal after goal on those bitches. He had 5 goals in the game. We won 6-5.

And then went for beer. Not just draft beer. This was Lamppost brew. 8% by volume porter. Tasty. Next time, we vowed to try the 13% by volume brew they've got. Named "Crack 'n berry". Sounds dangerous.

And I told the guys about that New Year's Eve I had in Greensboro that one year. Good times.

I accomplished nothing of real importance today, but it still felt damn good.

UB: $638.38 real, $257.43 bonus, 4943.9 points

4 Comments:

Blogger Human Head said...

One of Cube's best songs. However, playing so much poker made it odd actually 'reading' those lyrics. I had to remind myself that AK was a gun, and not Ace King.

4/13/2005 6:43 AM  
Blogger High Plains Drifter said...

Funny you should mention that. In that MTT I was dealt AK three times in six hands at one point.

4/13/2005 10:26 AM  
Blogger Joe Speaker said...

Hey HPD, you play in any full-side leagues? My club plays the Placentia League in the summer (over-30s, though).

4/13/2005 11:18 AM  
Blogger High Plains Drifter said...

That I do, Joe. The Laguna Niguel league (http://www.lagunaniguelfa.com/) is also an over-30 league, but allows 6 "young guys" on the roster, with a max of 4 on the field at one time.

We play on Sunday mornings. And sometimes I even wake up early enough to play too!

4/13/2005 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home