Friday, January 28, 2005

Warm up Tourney

In preparation for the PCS Championship, I hosted my first ever tourney at my place. I modified the PCS setup a little, and it worked out well. Plenty of poker played, tourney didn't run too long. I think everyone was pleased with how it was set up.

Top 3 got paid, 55/30/15 split.We started at 9:45, and were done before 1am.

9th: "Blind Nazi" Tom
8th: Akida (plays great in Buena Park, no luck away from home)
7th: "Tabletalk" Tommy
6th: Esther (pretty girl in a tight shirt, and I busted her out. I'm naughty.)
5th: 40 Ounce Dave (rebuy leader with 4)
4th: Paul (bubble finish. first tourney ever.)
3rd: High Plains Drifter
2nd: Oklahoma Jeff
1st: PCS's Derek

3rd place money for me, and the good folks left me a sixer of Coors Lite and Coke. Same deal this Sunday 8pm start... Kida, etc aren't hosting.

I played good poker, if I consider that it was near-impossible to steal the blinds. I tried only one time, when I made a 1600 raise in the cutoff (foolishly, that amount was too large) with the blinds at 200/400, and got TWO callers. What? Let's forget for a moment I had T9 soooooted, and was stealing. That was my biggest mistake in the tourney. That hand crippled me, which made me go all-in with my AJo the very next hand. Esther called me with pocket 7's, and we had the exact same amount of chips. I lucked into an ace on the flop, and kept playing. Dave and Paul busted out in short order, propelling me into the money. I made my stand with A5 offsuit, getting called by Oklahoma Jeff with K8. And he hit two pair. That's poker, baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home