Thursday, December 21, 2006

Quickie

Bruiser's coming over early to play on Full Tilt, so I figured I'd take this brief time to update.

It feeels like I'm the bubble king in smallish MTT's. I've finished 21st and 20th in two recent $4 180-man sng's, losing a three way race (first in vigorish with KQc!) against 55 and 99, and then running queens into rockets. But I'm playing well, so that's nice. Oh, and I monied in a $5 LO8 rebuy tourney on Stars for $25. It feels like I have a good grasp of that game, and excellent results as far as getting into the money. In this particular tourney, Skip sweated my play and we concluded that I play the turn way too aggressively when I'm in position. I need to slow down a little. ITM and a lesson learned? Nice.


~~

The Badugi tourney this past Sunday was fun, for me at least, even though I bubbled. Our Sunday tourneys are seasonal. We play three regular season NL tourneys, have a limit HORSE tourney, then three more regular season NL tourneys. Whoever has the most points at the end of the first six NL tourneys picks the next non-NL tourney. This season, it was me.

After the last Championship tourney where I busted out early, Bruiser, Skipper, Forty and I played a Badugi limit sng. I won, and we had fun. I thought a PL Badugi tourney would be interesting.

Cruel is more like it. It's a sick game, with plenty of action, and huge pots contested at low blind levels, even pot-limit. I took one dumb risk, attempting to bust Albert with two draws to a five-low against his obviously made hand. I double-bricked, and he ended up cruising on those chips to HU with Yosoy, who fought gamely, but couldn't overcome.

~~

The big upcoming event is TonyD's $50 Deepstack tourney this Saturday. I'm gonna be late, but Yosoy, Smokkee, and Love Elf will be playing. I might just bring a notepad to watch Smoke in action. I imagine that his style is nothing like mine, and I know I can learn a few things.

~~

Oh, and I signed up for pokersourceonline's instant bankroll for Absolute poker. When I spoke to the PSO rep on the phone, it sounded like I wasn't going to be able to get the free bankroll, as I had done the same with Titan. I reminded the rep that Titan no longer accepted US players. He spoke briefly with his supervisor, then gave me the go-ahead. Free money, it's-a nice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home