Sunday, August 21, 2005

What I haven't been writing

Recently, I've felt out of sorts. Back from Texas, I've been occupied with finding a new roommate. This will be a random, grab-bag post..


In my last tourney at the PCS, I busted out while on a shortstack in the big blind. They lowcarded my buddy Albert into my seat. Albert's been a regular in my home cashgame and tourney for almost a year now and only recently started playing in the PCS.

He sat down, asked me "How's the seat?", to which I replied, "Blah. Cold cards." He was dealt pocket aces the very next hand. Maybe I shoulda folded that big blind...

~~

Speaking of the PCS, the guy that beat me heads-up in the Season 4 Championship just emailed me to ask to play in my homegame. He's not going to be a donator to the game, but maybe I'll learn something.

~~

My ISP (yes, I still have dial-up. Shut it.) has recently turned into a big, steaming pile, so I haven't liked the idea of playing real money sit 'n goes or MTT's when I lose connection once an hour. I was able to complete a SnG, winning it when my 76-spades cracked pocket aces on the very last hand heads-up. I had a 2:1 chiplead at the time, and all the money went in after I flopped a four-flush with a pair of sevens.

~~

My drought of non-money finishes in the Tustin Sunday tourneys continues. My last money finish was June 26. I got close once when Forty Ounce Dave hosted a 12-person tourney, bubbling in 4th place. It seems like I'm running into good cards at the wrong time.

Things will turn around. And my cashgame results have more than paid for all of my "dead money" showings on Sunday.

~~

My new poker table is done. Technically, it's the same old 5-foot diameter round table, but now it's covered with some sweet black moleskin, over a 1/4-inch closed cell foam pad. It was quite a trial to complete. The tale includes asking the homely-but-insanely-buxom girl at the fabric store if she'd sew the moleskin together. It comes in 4-foot wide bolts, and I needed 5+ feet. (She did, and accepted $10 when I wanted to "compensate" her.)

I didn't like the padding I found at the fabric store, or Home Depot, so I ordered some online. Back in January, I asked the PCS Director what he used for his two homemade poker tables, and he sent me an email I kept all this time.

I also broke Forty Ounce's staple gun, leading me to borrow another from a female coworker the same day, so that I could finish it before the Thursday night cashgame. I owe her a favor.

Concensus is that it's a nice improvement. I'm pleased.

~~

UB update: $671 real, $288 bonus, 5537 points.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home