Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I've been challenged

I received an interesting email from a newcomer to my home poker game, Skipper. Skipper is an interesting kid. At the table, he's mildly annoying. He's critical of other players' poor plays, or not getting respect for his bets/raises. It's obvious he's read plenty about the game, but for all his knowledge, he makes plenty of dumb plays. People at my game have told me they thoroughly enjoy beating Skipper. Then again, several of them also love to bluff/trap me.

Skipper has proposed a mixed-game heads-up challenge from the list: 7-Stud, 7-Stud/8, PL Omaha, Omaha/8, 2-7 triple draw, NL 2-7 single draw, 5 card draw, or NL/PL/Limit Hold'em. (I'd petition to have Razz added to the list.)

He proposes that I pick 3 (or 4) games to his 2 (or 3).

My counteroffer was a series of $10 heads-up tourneys, where we rotate games. I'd pick the game for tourney #1, he'd pick for #2, etc.

I'm curious to see if this goes anywhere. In the meantime, I'm practicing at the playchip tables. Today was my first attempt at Stud/8, Skipper's self-proclaimed bread & butter. If today's session was any indication, I need more practice. And a clue.

~~

"From what I heard, Kanye is killin' the game very bad..."

Albert wondered if we should create a website, like the PCS (a poker league we both play in), to keep stats on our Sunday tournaments. It's an interesting idea.

I'm more amused that it's Albert who suggested it. He wrote me an email a day after mentioning that his Sunday money finish was the 7th consecutive for him in our Tustin Sunday tourney. Goooooo Albert!

1 Comments:

Blogger High Plains Drifter said...

Mixed-Game Heads-Up Challenge update: Skipper has accepted my proposal, and I picked PL Omaha as our first tournament. We start Thursday night.

7/20/2005 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home