Tuesday, February 08, 2005

UB Update

My first foray beyond penny pot-limit Omaha went well enough. $25 in, $30 out (+10 BB) at $.10/.25 blind PLO in two hours. Slightly better quality players - slightly tighter preflop, much tighter post-flop. I got in a little trouble when my bottom-flopped-set turned into a second-best full house, and I didn't enjoy being check-raised when I flopped the second-best flush.

I've been on a huge rush in UB-point SNG's. My last three have gone third, first, first, with one of those first place finishes in a 200-pt SNG. Coincidentally, the two first places finishes were at tables were I was the last one to sit down.

My last $25 NL holdem session kicked butt too. I had one of those Midas games, where everything I touched turned to gold. I think I even wielded the Hammer to pick up a nice pot when everybody folded to my post-flop bet. Two or three times, I had people try to check-raise me with top pair, bad kicker when I held TPTK or an overpair. They didn't pick good spots to attack me, and it felt great to stack their virtual chips. $25 in, $55.15 out, +60 BB.
~
I'm biased - I like writing about doing well more than doing poorly, unless there's a decent lesson in my losses. About a week ago, I bombed out of a $25 NL table, losing my buy-in checkraising the bigstacked table captain with K4-clubs. Yes, I called his preflop raise with trash out of the BB, hit top pair, KT9 two spades. Checkraised him all-in, he had QQ and hit his gutshot on the river. Maybe I was a little tired and a little tilted. So it's not all puppy dogs and ice cream in my online game.

I've cut back on my cash tourney entries and cash SNG's, even though I love tourneys and finally finished in the money in a cash SNG (third, and top dog cracked my aces to bust me). Gotta have goals, and I want to build my online bankroll up past $400. The $25 NL tables have given me the best +EV, so I'm focusing more on them. So far, so good I suppose. With continued buttkicking, I'll give double-tabling the $25 NL games a try.

UB Summary: $370.14 real, $293.93 bonus, 4148.80 pts

2 Comments:

Blogger Shelly said...

I've never tried UB, but have been hearing a lot about it lately. Nice blog - I've linked ya up and added ya to my daily reading blogroll :)

2/09/2005 9:39 AM  
Blogger High Plains Drifter said...

Thanks.

From what I've read, Party is the place for fish and aggravating beats when the fish suck out on you. I started playing at UB for real money because I built up a big chunk of Bonus Dollars in UB's freerolls. Clearing those BD's takes an insanely long time. Once I do, I might move to Party.

If your bankroll is low, you might consider UB's micro-limit games. $2, $10 and $25 are the full buy-ins at the lowest three NL levels. Pot-limit Omaha has $2 and $25 buy-ins. Good times.

2/09/2005 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home